Wednesday 17 September 2008

Night of madness

I came in last night from a KFC and did a little bit of blogging beforeI chose to shoot down to the Wombar ( Wombat Hostel Bar .... cool place with widescreen tv, lots of different drinks on offer, happy hours and enough electric fans to keep you chilled in even the hottest of Austrian heatwaves ) and just managed to miss the big game between FC Bucharest and FC Bayern Munich, bad timing I guess.

It was fun to watch a lone German footy fan trying to get a reaction out of a couple of Aussie guys about the sport, who were unsurprisingly not that impressed or interested, despite the rivetting story of the old goalkeeper Oliver Khan being a true great in his position.

However you look at it, a bearded gnomish looking German trying to talk sport to a couple of drunk Aussies at 11pm is a funny image.

Sad to say that at no time is Cider on happy hour at the bar, which opens 6pm til 2am, and I felt I may as well have asked for champagine, and ended up heading off after just the one drink.

When I got up there the three Austrians girls who I shared the room with were all tucked up in bed, the single korean guy had already packed up and left for the night and the newcomer to the room, a Chinese / Japanese girl with long straight hair had turned her, and my, bunk bed into a bit of a laundry room with sopping wet trousers and undies strung all over the place, was up and talking although I felt she was very shy as she didnt really get into any conversation with anyone.

Considering the fact that I could still climb the ladder to my top bunk, just, I let it slide in the name of freestyling in a cool hostel and just went to sleep.

What I didn't expect was that at about 1am another newcomer, a oriental guy, to come up and turf the C/J girl out of the bunk as he had reserved it, whereas the girl had not.

I am not sure how she had managed to get into the room without one of the magic cards, or why she felt the need to take over a bunk and use it for drying laundry when there is a perfectly good 24 hour laundry room on the ground floor, but I guess maybe she was trying to keep a low profile and thought that the bunk was vacant for the night!

Not wanting to get her into any trouble I didn't say anything when I checked out, but I am rather curious about the history and what happened to this phantom young Widow Twankie!

The three Austrian girls had perfect timing yet again, and managed to barely wake me as they prepared to leave at about 7:45am, which was exactly the time I had hoped I could wake up, and so that all fitted perfectly.

Earlier in the week an American guy had left his copy, or I assume it was his, of Ben Eltons High Society and as I didn't bring any of my own books to read I felt that I would help this book do a little travelling on its own, as I will be taking it with me to Switzerland and possibly Spain or even South America, depending on how fast I get through the book as I won't be trying to do too much reading.

I am just about to head on out to the Airport but I can't help but feel a tiny bit peeved cos outside the sun is burning high and hot in the sky for the first time in days and here is me with a packed and heavy rucksack due outbound on a early afternoon flight to Switzerland where it is due to throw it down worse than I've suffered here.

But you know what I say ... do your worst cos soon its Fiestsa time in Spain and then on to Brazil and the rest of South America. Ayayayayyy

No comments:

Post a Comment