Sunday 27 August 2006

Another Day in Oslo

Well the trip to Bergen has to be booked a week in advance, so it is clear that it will not be happening to me this time round, but I have not a lot against Norway so it's on a much smaller list of places I would strongly consider coming back to one day.

What this does mean is that I am still in the city centre for another couple of days, which should give me time to take a few more pictures, maybe see another movie and sample some classic Norwegian gourmet delights.

Fjord Shrimps I have no idea how the locals could get as beefy as Viking warriors eating these, even if they did perhaps get their wenches to peel them from their shells.

The ones served to me on a plate were mostly female as they still had hundreds of tiny eggs wrapped up tightly in between their multitude of legs. Having never eaten shrimp eggs before I was not sure if this was a local delicacy or just testimony to how fresh they were, but after tasting just a few I decided that for me they were just garnish and to be left on the side of the plate with the broken shells and heads.

I did a bit more wandering up and down but never seemed to get lost, which I can only put down to there being a massive coastline that always gives a fixed point of reference. As does the super huge Radisson Hotel which literally towers above everything else for miles around.

Might try a rock/metal club tonight and the museums tomorrow as mixed weather has made me not want to spend too much time outside in one go.

No comments:

Post a Comment